Frequently Asked Questions
We are confident that the quality of our merchandise will meet, if not exceed, your expectations. If you are unsatisfied with a purchase, simply bring back the item within 30 days of purchase. All returns must be accompanied by a cash register receipt for an exchange or refund.
- Cash purchases will be refunded with cash.
- Check purchases will be refunded with cash after a 10-day clearing period.
- Charge purchases will be refunded with cash or credited to the charge account
Returns with receipts over 30 days or returns without a receipt will receive store credit (at the lowest selling price of item). Store credits expire 1 year from date issued. Merchandise or plants that are in unsellable condition will not be accepted for refund, credit or exchange.
All nursery stock is guaranteed for 1 year from date of purchase. Replacements will be made with credit for nursery stock equal to 100% of the original purchase price. No cash refunds will be given. You must present your green colored nursery contract along with the tree or shrub for replacement. Please retain your nursery contract and register receipt as this is the only record of your purchase. This guarantee does not include annual or perennial flowers, roses, ground covers, azaleas, rhododendrons, ornamental grasses, bare root stock, fruit trees or sale items, including those that end in .88. We cannot guarantee nursery stock planted in pots or planter boxes. Guarantee is not transferrable.
Replacement made one time only at the original purchase price. Guarantee valid if bill is paid in full and does not cover acts of God, vandalism, mechanical damage, animals, insects, disease or lack of care.
The Tree and Shrub Guarantee will be honored with the following:
- Nursery contract guarantee paperwork and register receipt
- The plant in question (if you are unsure of plant status, please call us prior to digging it up).
We offer delivery on all of our bulk materials. Delivery prices vary by distance. View our delivery price map to determine your cost. Deliveries can be arranged Monday through Saturday during the growing season and is based on a first come, first served basis.
- Due to the weight of the truck and bulk materials, drivers are not permitted to dump or drive on lawns or unpaved surfaces.
- Customer does not need to be home to accept delivery.
- Delivery hours are between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm. We do not guarantee a specific time slot but we will do our best to accommodate morning or afternoon delivery requests.
Trucks with a 6 ft. bed can hold approximately (based on weight):
- 1 ½ yards of mulch or compost
- 1 yard topsoil
- ½ yard of stone
Trucks with an 8 ft. bed can hold approximately (based on weight):
- 2 yards of mulch or compost
- 1 yard topsoil
- 1 yard of stone
We offer a discount to qualified professional landscapers and contractors who apply with us.
Please stop by the main store counter and complete the application process. We require appropriate business documentation: your company Tax ID, DBA and tax exempt certificate (if applicable). Most accounts can be approved same day for COD purchases.
We provide FREE soil testing at our garden center. Testing your soil for the proper pH levels will help you grow healthier lawns and gardens all year round. Here is how to prepare a soil sample for our Green Thumb Staff:
- Determine the number of areas that you wish to sample. For example, if you have a hillside and a low, wet lawn area, take separate samples from each. If you wish to test a vegetable garden and a perennial bed, take separate samples from each.
- Once you determine the number of areas from which to take soil samples, prepare the same number of clean containers (plastic container, glass jar, or plastic bag). The ideal sample size is approximately 1 quart.
- Use clean sampling tools that are not galvanized, bronze, or brass and wear clean gloves. Oils from hands or a small amount of fertilizer on tools or your gloves can seriously affect test results.
- Take samples at the correct depth:
- Lawns – 3-6’ deep. Remove any debris such as rocks, grass, and roots.
- Perennial gardens – at the root zone of the plants.
- Vegetable gardens – between the surface and 8" deep.
- Be sure to label each sample with the location in your yard.
- Avoid taking samples from unusual areas such as compost or manure piles, or yellowed lawn areas because they do not entirely represent the soil in your yard.
We are currently improving our site and many product pages are unavailable. Please give us a call us if you can't find what you're looking for. Our new website is coming soon.
136 North Ave
Rochester, NY 14626